The Tingha Advocate and North Western Journal reported on 26 April 1918 that the Bundarra obelisk was unveiled on 20 April 1918. Mrs Christina Ward, whose three sons served during the War, was given the honor of unfurling the flag covering the obelisk. The President of the then Gostwyck Shire, Councillor Heagney presided during the ceremony.
The gray obelisk was made of Uralla granite and designed by Mr M Hardy of Narrabri.
Click for larger photo